Rosebuds: Elite Dancer Programme
This programme delivers specially tailored additional support and training, over and above what is offered in the standard classes. This is for those dancers that are looking to take their dancing to the next level and potentially pursue a career in professional dance.
The programme features:
- One competition solo (per year), choreographed to showcase the individual dancer's strengths. Includes one complimentary private lesson
- Ongoing support for all local competitions attended throughout the year.
- Placement in the competition troupe for all group dances
- Education in dance history
- Education and support for dancer health, wellness and injury prevention
- Mentoring buddy programme to develop leadership skills in Seniors and provide inspiration to Juniors
- Invitations to upcoming workshops in the region
- Choreography opportunities
- Audition preparation
- Option of applying for NZSD's Scholar and Associate Programmes and/or RNZB's National Mentor Programme
- Invitation to a Royal New Zealand Ballet performance as an annual school group event (cost of ticket payable at time of booking)
Dancers are eligible to become part of the Elite Dancer Programme from Grade Three upwards.
Students may request (with their parent's permission) to join the programme or they may be nominated by their teacher. For approval onto the programme the dancer, parent and teacher must all agree. All Rosebud dancers must be aware of the commitment and dedication required for this kind of training.
Please note the following expectations apply:
- Junior school students (Grades Three - Five) should be attending at least 3 classes per week (2 ballet, 1 other)
- Senior school students (Intermediate upwards) should be attending at least 4 classes per week (2 ballet, 1 jazz, 1 other)
- All dancers on this programme should be progressing by sitting examinations
- As part of a competition group, dancers need to be available for local competitions and the rehearsals leading up to them
- Students should complete any dance homework set (this will be kept minimal)